B.Voc. in VLSI Design Skills
VLSI design and technology is an important and essential part ofthe electronics domain. Study of VLSI design and technology is essential for the growth of modern lives. The aim of this program is to make the students skilled in various VLSI design and technology. The proposed program provides an introduction to the design and implementation of VLSI circuits to convey advanced concepts of analog and digital CMOS design. After completing this program, a student will be skilled as follows.
• Be able to be NSQF level 7 certified in at least one job role/ profile in the field of VLSI chip design.
• Be an expert in simulation and layout designing of analog and CMOS simple/complex systems.
• Have a job in any VLSI related company in India or abroad
• Be able to appear for various competitive exams in Govt. sector like UPSC, Defence, Railways and also PSUs.
• Knowledge in various combinational and sequential logic design
• Expert in VLSI chip fault debugging and troubleshooting
• Expert in hardware description language (HDL)with FPGA design engineering
• Will be able to get jobs in any VLSI design and fabrication companies
• Expert in PCB design and manufacturing
• Knowledge in VHDL/Verilog hardware description languages
• Able to get various jobs in PCB manufacturing companies/VLSI design companies.
• Basic Knowledge of PCB design and manufacturing
• Knowledge of mounting electronics components on PCB circuits
• Able to get jobs in various PCB design and manufacturing companies.
10+2 with PCM/ ITI/ Diploma or equivalent
|Year||FIRST SEMESTER||SECOND SEMESTER (Industrial Internship)|
|I||Basic Electronics||4||Industrial Training||15|
|Fundamental of electric circuits||4|
|Introduction to Computers||4|
|PCB Assembly and Manufacturing||4|
|Analog Electronics||4||Project Report||3|
|Open Elective – I||3||Presentation||3|
|MS Office||2||Value Education#||3|
|English Language & Comprehension||3||Industrial Labour & General Laws#||3|
|Applied Mathematics||2||Environmental Studies#||3|
|Cumulative Credits = 30 (Certificate)||Cumulative Credits = 60 (Diploma)|
|Year||THIRD SEMESTER||FOURTH SEMESTER (Industrial Internship)|
|II||VLSI Testing and Fault Tolerance||3||Industrial Training||15|
|CMOS Logic Designs and layout||4|
|C and C++ Programming||4|
|FPGA Based System Design using VHDL||4|
|Open Elective – II||3||Project Report||3|
|Computer Aided Drawing||3||Presentation||3|
|Spoken English||3||Organizational Behaviour#||3|
|Personality Development||2||Business Communication#||3|
|Entrepreneurship Development (Introductory Module)||2||Current Affairs#||3|
|Cumulative Credits = 120 (Advanced Diploma)|
|Year||FIFTH SEMESTER||SIXTH SEMESTER (Industrial Internship)|
|III||Analog VLSI Design||3||Industrial Training||15|
|Low power VLSI design||2|
|Digital VLSI design||3|
|Advanced VLSI and embedded system Design||3|
|High speed VLSI Design||3|
|Basics of Programming (TBD)||3|
|Open Elective – III||3||Project Report||3|
|Advanced Communication Skills||3||Presentation||3|
|Quantitative Aptitude||2||Behavioural Skills#||3|
|Financial Accounting||2||Indian Constitution#||3|
|Entrepreneurship Development (Advanced)||3||Technical Writing#||3|
|Cumulative Credits = 180 (B. Voc.)|
# Mixed mode of delivery including study material and assignments during internship & contact program followed by examination on return to the university.