School of Manufacturing Skills
A better skilled generation, a better future for our nationDownload Brochure
The School of Manufacturing skills started functioning in the beginning of 2016 and is one of the most sought-after schools of BSDU. It offers a healthy atmosphere for the overall development of the students. The Manufacturing concept is the only one giving real practical skill, with a rich manufacturing environment and highly skilled trainers. The training is done in small groups (maximum 15 in number) with multiple trainers, for personalized guidance. Each theoretical concept is illustrated by a practical application. There is close relationship with industry through internships and exchanges and well-prepared course material with the support of experienced skill specialists.
After completion of the program the student will:
- Apply concepts by reviewing master theoretical principles
- Have strong skills in conventional machining
- Have strong skills in CNC programming and machining (up to 7 axes machines)
- Have a good knowledge of related disciplines (design, metrology & quality)
- Ready for industrial environment (productivity, evolution, polyvalence)
- You have a platform where you can achieve PRECISION, PRODUCTIVITY AND INNOVATION.
- We always welcome students to work on their innovative ideas with team of manufacturing experts.
- You Have a chance to work on Industrial projects
BSDU in Numbers
Faculty & Trainer
Welcome to the School of Manufacturing Skills at BSDU Jaipur. We started our journey in the year 2017 and made remarkable achievements during this journey. Manufacturing skills plays a significant role in enhancing safety, economic vitality, enjoyment and overall quality of life throughout the world. A prerequisite for development is growth and that is directly related to production or output of a country.
Our vision is to be recognized as an innovative and leading Manufacturing Skill School in India and beyond. Our goal is to provide students with a balance of intellectual and practical experiences that enable them to serve a variety of industrial needs. The department offers B.Voc. and M.Voc. degree in Manufacturing Skills. We produce graduates to become future leaders for industry, academia, government and society in the whole world, whose vision is founded upon fundamental knowledge, creative, analytical and practical skills and ethics.
In order to achieve the goal, the School of Manufacturing Skills is having word class state of the art machines starting from basic imported conventional machines to high end 7-axis CNC machines, CMM, Injection Moulding Machine etc. with industrial version design and manufacturing software of total cost rs.30 crores. Through a nice blend of course work and skill projects under the guidance of Swiss Trainers, the department endows students with the ability to apply knowledge of science, mathematics and engineering to work effectively in manufacturing industry.
To conclude, the department catalyzes and assures a very healthy, amicable but a competitive ambience for our future graduate.
Welcome to this world of machines.
What’s Happening in SMS
Workshops of School of Manufacturing Skills are fully equipped with machines and tools of industrial standards, which are not possibly found in any educational institute and this was the major reason for being selected as a venue for Mahindra Skills Competition 2019. The competition was held between 12 selected employees of Mahindra’s in CNC Milling and CNC Turning.
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Rajasthan organized an ITI Olympiad with Bhartiya Skill Development University Jaipur as its knowledge partner. 89 students selected from all over Rajasthan after district and divisional rounds participated in the final round of the ITI Olympiad.
How could I ever forget a place as welcoming as BSDU from the assiduous and approachable Trainers, welcoming librarians and driven classmates. I have not only enjoyed studying here, but meeting people from different backgrounds has been exciting too. Here, I am constantly reminded that no matter who you are and what your age, you can go anywhere you want. This university has friendly people, workshops, the most appreciable trainers I have befriended and the endless support provided here. Thank you very much, BSDU.
B. Voc -2017-20
Placed In : Parshwanath Industries
As I know it requires extreme dedication for opting a core branch and immense hard work to cope with the department standards. I was glad to see that it wasn’t only the students who put their efforts, but the institute which provided immense support to help the students out with the subjects and also helping them to think out of the box. Our University encourages students a lot to showcase their talents by providing them ocean of opportunities. I am really thankful to this institution from the core of my heart for bringing the best out of me.
Placed In : Bhati & Company
Having spent the last two years in this esteemed institution, I have witnessed a tremendous change in my life may it be on the academic front or even on a personal level. My University has already produced exceptional results and continues to improve the quality of education it provides with each passing year.
Placed In : Choudhary Engineering Works
Infrastructure and Equipment
The school offers the latest machinery imported from Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, etc. To name a few :
- EMCO:15 Conventional Milling Machines FB450 L, 15 Conventional Lathe Machine emcoMAT-17D, 4 CNC Lathe Machines CT250, 4 CNC Milling Machines CM250
- FEHLMANN: 10 Drilling Machines Picomax 20, Swiss high quality product with digital display
- ACCURATE: Coordinate measuring machine (CMM)5.5.4
- ALZMETALL: 4 Drilling machines
- MAZAK: Japanese make Variaxis J500/5 Axis Machining Centre.
- COSMOS: NC surface Grinding machine with electro-magnetic clamping
- Cylindrical Grinding: Universal Cylindrical grinding machine, Model GCU 350×800 is high performance, compact machine ideally suitable for grinding of small and medium size precision components for tool room.
- Universal Milling: Bharat Fritz Werner ltd make, Model: UF2. Machine is equipped with circular table, dividing head, automatic lubrication, 3 axes DRO and ant vibration mounts.
- STAR Micronics: Japanese make Swiss Type Automatic Lathe SB-20R-Type G is a Swiss Type Twin head 7-Axis (5 linear and 2 rotary) CNC auto lathe, with main spindle max. speed of 10000 rpm suitable for maximum outer dia.20 mm and capable of working on difficult-to machine materials like Titanium.
- GEDEE WEILER: Precision Centre Lathe LZ-290G is a conventional precision lathe installed in Hand skill module for turning operations.
- AUTOCAD Software version-2013 is featured with new and improved 2D/3D interface. The computer lab is equipped with the above AUTOCAD software with sufficient licenses and can be utilized for 2D drafting for different engineering applications like Civil, Mechanical, Architecture, etc. The lab is also equipped with an A-0 size plotter.
- MasterCAM Software version – 2017 (upgradable to 2018) with 15 licenses capable for 2D /3D drafting, machining and featured with improved interface, dynamic mill line of sight, tool projection, maximum stock engagement and optimized raster motion. Provision for automatic support for Unigraphics, NX and Catia files.
- SolidWorks Software version– 2017 (upgradable to 2018) with 60 licenses. SolidWorks is the leader in 3D CAD technology, empowering product design teams with intuitive, high performance software that is easy to use.
- Many other machines to make students familiar with world class equipment.