The School of Manufacturing skills started functioning in the beginning of 2016 and is one of the most sought after schools of BSDU. It offers a healthy atmosphere for the overall development of the students.
The Manufacturing concept is the only one giving real practical skill, with a rich manufacturing environment and highly skilled trainers. The training is done in small groups (maximum 15 in number) with multiple trainers, for personalized guidance. Each theoretical concept is illustrated by a practical application. There is close relationship with industry through internships and exchanges and well prepared course material with the support of experienced skill specialists.
After completion of the program, the student will:
- To apply concepts by reviewing master theoretical principles
- To practice activities in the same way as in real life (industry) – one man one machine
- To be able to prepare his work (work plan)
- To have strong skills in conventional machining
- To have strong skills in CNC programming and machining (up to 7 axes machines)
- To have a good knowledge of related disciplines (design, metrology & quality)
- To get ready for industrial environment (productivity, evolution, polyvalence)
Infrastructure and Equipment
The school offers the latest machinery imported from Italy, Austria, Switzerland, Japan, etc. To name a few :
- EMCO:15 Conventional Milling Machines FB450 L, 15 Conventional Lathe Machine emcoMAT-17D, 4 CNC Lathe Machines CT250, 4 CNC Milling Machines CM250
- FEHLMANN: 10 Drilling Machines Picomax 20, Swiss high quality product with digital display
- ACCURATE: Coordinate measuring machine (CMM)5.5.4
- ALZMETALL: 4 Drilling machines
- MAZAK: Japanese make Variaxis J500/5 Axis Machining Centre.
- COSMOS: NC surface Grinding machine with electro-magnetic clamping
- Cylindrical Grinding: Universal Cylindrical grinding machine, Model GCU 350×800 is high performance, compact machine ideally suitable for grinding of small and medium size precision components for tool room.
- Universal Milling: Bharat Fritz Werner ltd make, Model: UF2. Machine is equipped with circular table, dividing head, automatic lubrication, 3 axes DRO and ant vibration mounts.
- STAR Micronics: Japanese make Swiss Type Automatic Lathe SB-20R-Type G is a Swiss Type Twin head 7-Axis (5 linear and 2 rotary) CNC auto lathe, with main spindle max. speed of 10000 rpm suitable for maximum outer dia.20 mm and capable of working on difficult-to machine materials like Titanium.
- GEDEE WEILER: Precision Centre Lathe LZ-290G is a conventional precision lathe installed in Hand skill module for turning operations.
- AUTOCAD Software version-2013 is featured with new and improved 2D/3D interface. The computer lab is equipped with the above AUTOCAD software with sufficient licenses and can be utilized for 2D drafting for different engineering applications like Civil, Mechanical, Architecture, etc. The lab is also equipped with an A-0 size plotter.
- MasterCAM Software version – 2017 (upgradable to 2018) with 15 licenses capable for 2D /3D drafting, machining and featured with improved interface, dynamic mill line of sight, tool projection, maximum stock engagement and optimized raster motion. Provision for automatic support for Unigraphics, NX and Catia files.
- SolidWorks Software version– 2017 (upgradable to 2018) with 60 licenses. SolidWorks is the leader in 3D CAD technology, empowering product design teams with intuitive, high performance software that is easy to use.
- Many other machines to make students familiar with world class equipment.