B.Voc. in Electrical Skills
The B. Voc. Programs are modular in nature with multiple exit points at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and B. Voc. each of the six semesters carries 30 credits, resulting in a total of 180 credits for B. Voc.
- 10+2* or 2 years ITI after 10th
- Polytechnic Diploma Holder will be considered for lateral entry into II year of B.Voc.
Admission will be through an Entrance Examination and based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- Electrical skills represent over 25% of all available jobs. In India, 30 % of all government jobs are from Electrical skills.
- A person with electrical skills have opportunities to get employed in manufacturing and service sectors.
- Other than conventional Electrical jobs like power generation, distribution, transmission, manufacturing and utility sectors, skilled electrical persons are well positioned to succeed in competitive examinations.
- There is a huge demand of manpower having electrical skills both in private and public sector like railways, civil aviation, electricity boards and utility companies, electrical construction firms and all types of manufacturing industries.
- Companies like Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC), Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited (BHEL), Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL), Coal India Limited (CIL), Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (PGCIL), Electricity Boards, Siemens Ltd, L &T, ABB, Bajaj Electrical Private Ltd, Crompton Greaves Limited, Reliance Power Ltd, Hindalco Industries Ltd, NALCO, and Philips, Wipro Lighting, are the biggest employers hiring electrical skilled persons.