School of Automotive Skills
Manager, BSDU FabLab
Tel: +91- 8130019597
Amit Sharma graduated with a first-class degree (Bachelor of Engineering) with distinction in Mechanical Engineering from Rajiv Gandhi Proudyogiki Vishwavidyalaya (RGPV), Bhopal, India in 2010. Thereafter he did his Masters (M.Tech) in Thermal Sciences from the National Institute of Technology (NIT) Calicut, Kerala, India in 2013 with Distinction.
After completing his master’s degree, he joined an Engineering Institution, Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad (AKGEC), India in the faculty position as an Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering. Within the campus of AKGEC, there is a section 8 company (non-profit organization) i.e. AKGEC Skills Foundation (ASF) focused on Skill Development for nurturing innovation, research and training the students on the latest technologies. In 2015, he was deputed in this organization as Scientific Officer to handle the KUKA Industrial Robotic Centre, which is being established in collaboration with KUKA in 2011. He is a certified robot programmer and used to provide training on industrial robotic platforms.
In Aug 2018, he joined BSDU, Jaipur, India (https://www.ruj-bsdu.in/) as Assistant Professor in the School of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Skills and established a FabLab here for taking up research and industrial consultancy work.
- Tech., Thermal Sciences, NIT Calicut
- 6 months Diploma “Principles and Applications of Digital Fabrication”, FabFoundation USA
Experience: 7+ years
- Certified Industrial Robot Programmer (KUKA)
- Additive Manufacturing: Worked on Stratasys 270; Makerbot; Ultimaker and many India & China make 3D printing machines
- Solid Edge-ST5
- CNC Turning and Milling
- Automotive Skills Development Council Master Trainer for Machining
- Design and 3D printing of Connecting Rod at different orientation with different infill patterns for a research project at DTU, New Delhi.
- 3D printing of a prototype model of a cover casing for AJ Simply Purify Technologies Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi using Stratasys F270.
- 3D printing of Rocker Mechanism for GPP, Ghaziabad using Stratasys F270.
- 3D printing of EBS Valve Bridge and non EBS Valve Bridge for GPP, Ghaziabad.
- 3D printing of complete prototype of Air Purifier cum room freshener for Studio34, Manesar,INDIA
- Manufacturing of SLS printer part using conventional turning, milling and CNC Turning andMilling machines for Divide by Zero Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai