- To create an end-to-end implementation frame-work for skill development in automobile sector, providing opportunities for quality long and short-term skill training, by providing gainful employment and ensuring career progression that meets the aspirations of trainees.
- To establish cross sectoral, nationally and internationally acceptable standards for skill training in the country by creating a comprehensive program of teaching and training.
- To ensure high quality options for long term training, benchmarked to internationally acceptable qualification standards, which will ultimately help to create a highly skilled work-force for the automobile sector.
- To develop and retain a network of highly qualified teachers & trainers in the automotive sector.
- To develop the School as a Centre of Excellence in skill development for Automotive Skills.
Infrastructure and Equipment
A workshop for training is being set up with an outlay of approximately Rs. 2 crores in the first phase. The workshop will have high-end equipment from globally best workshop equipment suppliers like John Bean for wheel care, diagnostic tools for various systems from Bosch and body shop equipment from GYS, Car-O-Liner & Cellette who provide equipment to workshops of brands like Mercedes, BMW, Audi, etc.Training will be imparted on latest passenger cars and tractors having contemporary technology of the day.
All classrooms will be equipped with training aids comprising of cut sections and working models of all systems of vehicles to facilitate effective learning of concepts.