B.Voc. in Renewable Energy Technology
The B. Voc. Programs are modular in nature with multiple exit points at Certificate, Diploma, Advanced Diploma and B. Voc. each of the six semesters carries 30 credits, resulting in a total of 180 credits for B. Voc
After completing B. Voc. the students will be:
- Trained to NSQF level 7 in the field of Renewable Energy Technology, to assess the commercial viability of this technologies, business opportunities and existing companies.
- Have the knowledge, skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to consider a pre-feasibility study, related to the use of renewable energy systems in different industrial sectors and services.
- Know the main lines of research in the field of technologies for harnessing renewable energy.
- Trained & equipped with knowledge and understanding to start own business in Renewable Energy.
- Trained for multiple skill sets under the domain of Renewable Energy Technology Skills.
- To supplement efforts in bridging the gap between demand and supply of power, with renewable energy sources and strengthening the grid system and evacuation arrangements for RE projects.
- Able to become successful entrepreneurs thereby becoming providers rather than job seekers.
- Able to appear for all competitive exams in any government sector like, UPSC, Defense, Railways and other PSU’s.
Two years Advanced Diploma
- Have the knowledge skills and elements of analysis and judgement necessary to select most appropriate systems for different types of applications (industrial or service).
- Have the ability to analyze the behavior of a system in operation and make a diagnosis on the operating system.
- Know the key players in renewable energy sector and able to identify the opportunities to promote renewable energy.
- Have a holistic approach when working with renewable energy technology projects to present and communicate effectively.
- Students will acquire the knowledge and skills necessary for the description, selection and sizing, as well as calculating the performance of equipment.
- To understand the role of Renewable Energy in product and service sector, as well as its importance in the energy change.
- Trained to plan, organize, and execute a RET project with a goal of harnessing and clean Renewable Energy sources in the state for environment benefits.
- To provide necessary support and facilitation in order to implement RE projects.
- This program will provide the opportunities to the students to enhance their qualifications with their practical knowledge in order to make themselves ready for the job in this field.
- To understand the positive aspects of Renewable Energy Technology in relation to the natural and human aspects of the environment.
- To handlethe installation and commissioning of Solar projects in rural and urban areas.
- To create direct and indirect employment opportunity in rural and backward areas.
- 10+2* or 2 years ITI after 10th
- Polytechnic diploma holder will be considered for lateral entry into second year of B.Voc.
Admission will be through an Entrance Examination and based on the merit of the qualifying examination.
- The country would need skilled people in large numbers to meet the requirement related to installation and maintenance of the Renewable Energy Technology.
- The growth of Solar energy is taking place at the rate of 15 times faster than the rest of economy. In fact, solar energy jobs have grown at the rate of 20% annually in recent years.
- Today Renewable energy sector is most hottest and buzzing careers in the 21st century.
- Moreover, renewable energy technologies are lab or intensive than more mechanized fossil fuel technologies as demonstrated in more mature markets, and can provide a tremendous opportunity to create local jobs.
- As per business standard, India ranks 5th in the world for job creation in the field of renewable energy in 2016. India’s Renewable energy goals have the potential to create 3,00,000 (Three Lakh) new jobs by 2020.
- Companies like Bhadla Solar Park (2255 MW), Solar Power Plant of REIL Jaipur, PMKVY Skill Development Solar Power, Rays Power Infra, Rays Future Energy, Solarmaxx Solar Energy Solutions,Rajasthan RajyaVidyutPrasaran Nigam Limited, Rajasthan Renewable Energy Cooperation Ltd. (RRECL), Ocean Solar Power, Ajit Solar Power Ltd., CVK Solar Enterprises, Vikram SolarLtd., Solar PV Energy Plants under JNNSMand Solar Thermal Plants under JNNSM such as Lanco Solar 100 MW, Reliance Power 100 MW, KSK Energy 100 MW, Godavari Power 50 MW.